Shaw Communications Inc. (SJR): Today's Featured Media Loser
The media industry closed the day up 2.3%. Spanish Broadcasting System Inc (SBSA), Inuvo Inc (INUV), Seven Arts Entertainment Inc (SAPX), and SearchMedia Holdings (IDI) were all decliners today within the media industry with Shaw Communications Inc (SJR) being today's featured media loser. Shaw Communications Inc fell 28 cents (-1.4%) to $19.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 285,585 shares of Shaw Communications Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 221,500 shares. Shaw Communications Inc., a diversified communications company, provides broadband cable television, Internet, digital phone, telecommunications, and satellite direct-to-home (DTH) services primarily in Canada and the United States. Shaw Communications Inc has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.7, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 17.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Shaw as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Shaw Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV