The materials & construction industry closed the day up 4%. China Infrastructure Investment Corporation (CIIC), Avalon Holdings (AWX), and Patrick Industries Inc (PATK) were all decliners today within the materials & construction industry with Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc (PESI) being today's featured materials & construction loser. Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc fell 2 cents (-1.5%) to $1.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 24,475 shares of Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 84,700 shares. Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an environmental and technology know-how company in the United States. It operates through two segments: Nuclear Waste Management Services (Nuclear Segment) and Consulting Engineering Services (Engineering Segment). Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc has a market cap of $71.7 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Perma-Fix Environmental Services as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Perma-Fix Environmental Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PESI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV