Cherokee Inc. (CHKE): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
The consumer non-durables industry closed the day up 2.3%. Tandy Brands Accessories (TBAC), Mannatech Inc (MTEX), Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB), and CTI Industries Corporation (CTIB) were all decliners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Cherokee Inc (CHKE) being today's featured consumer non-durables loser. Cherokee Inc fell 20 cents (-1.4%) to $14.09 on light volume. Throughout the day, 23,588 shares of Cherokee Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 37,600 shares. Cherokee Inc., together with its subsidiary, SPELL C. LLC, engages in marketing and licensing brands and trademarks for apparel, footwear, home, and accessories primarily in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe, and South Africa. Cherokee Inc has a market cap of $117 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.5, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 26.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Cherokee as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Cherokee Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV