Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. (ALTI): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
The chemicals industry closed the day up 2.8%. Lightbridge (LTBR), BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), Penford Corporation (PENX), and Pure Bioscience Inc (PURE) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with Altair Nanotechnologies Inc (ALTI) being today's featured chemicals loser. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc fell 2 cents (-1.4%) to $1.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 42,085 shares of Altair Nanotechnologies Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 345,600 shares. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells nano-structured lithium titanate spinel, battery cells, battery packs, and multi-megawatt battery systems, as well as provides related design, installation, and test services in the United States and internationally. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc has a market cap of $42.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 49.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Altair Nanotechnologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Altair Nanotechnologies Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV