The chemicals industry closed the day up 2.8%. Lightbridge (LTBR), BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), Penford Corporation (PENX), and Pure Bioscience Inc (PURE) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with Altair Nanotechnologies Inc (ALTI) being today's featured chemicals loser. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc fell 2 cents (-1.4%) to $1.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 42,085 shares of Altair Nanotechnologies Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 345,600 shares. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells nano-structured lithium titanate spinel, battery cells, battery packs, and multi-megawatt battery systems, as well as provides related design, installation, and test services in the United States and internationally. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc has a market cap of $42.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 49.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Altair Nanotechnologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Altair Nanotechnologies Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ALTI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV