CINCINNATI, Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy Ohio announced today it has reached a settlement agreement with most of the intervening parties involved with its application for an Electric Security Plan (ESP) filed with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) on June 20, 2011.
The agreement, which is subject to approval by the PUCO, covers the company's generation service from Jan. 1, 2012 through May 31, 2015.
"The support of intervening parties has been instrumental in reaching an agreement that balances the needs of our customers with other key stakeholders," said Julie S. Janson, Duke Energy Ohio president. "This agreement, if approved by the commission, provides Duke Energy Ohio customers the opportunity to take advantage of today's low market rates and allows the company to focus on the long-term competitiveness of its generation assets in Ohio."A Duke Energy Ohio residential customer, who uses on average 1,000 kWh a month, will see an approximately 11 percent rate reduction in their bill, or roughly $14 per month, starting Jan. 1, 2012. Other key terms of the settlement include:
- A competitive auction process to determine customer rates
- A non-bypassable stability charge provided to the utility from 2012 to 2014
- Duke Energy Ohio must transfer its generating assets to an affiliate by Dec. 31, 2014, to encourage competition
- Duke Energy Ohio can continue supporting economic growth and job creation within its service territory
- Funding for low income families to support weatherization programs and fuel fund assistance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV