Oracle, based in Redwood Shores, Calif., expects to complete the deal by late this year or early next.
By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 104.83 points, or 0.9 percent, to 11,913.62. The Nasdaq composite rose 61.98, or 2.4 percent, to 2,699.44. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 15.94 points, or 1.29 percent, to 1,254.19.Benchmark crude rose $3.87, or 4.4 percent, to finish at $91.27 per barrel in New York. Brent crude rose $1.89 to end at $111.45 a barrel in London. In other energy trading, heating oil rose 3.83 cents to finish at $3.0542 per gallon and gasoline futures increased 1.21 cents to end at $2.6703 per gallon. Natural gas fell 2.5 cents to finish the day at $3.604 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV