Shares of Texas Instruments rose more than 4% ahead of the report closing Monday's regular session at $31.69. The sell side was modestly bullish on TI with 24 of the 44 analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (9) or buy (15).
Other stocks moving in late trades included Fortinet (FTNT), which was up more than 11% to $21.37 on volume of nearly 600,000 after the network security company blew past Wall Street expectations with its third-quarter results as revenue jumped almost 40% year-over-year to $116.4 million; Unisys (UIS), which jumped more than 18% to $23.70 on volume of roughly 90,000 after the Blue Bell, Pa.-based information technology company posted a per-share profit of $1.63 a share for its third quarter, trouncing the consensus view of 70 cents; and Zions Bancorp (ZION), which fell nearly 6% to $16.95 on volume of around 65,000 after the Salt Lake City-based bank edged past the average analysts' view with a profit of $65.2 million, or 35 cents a share, in its latest quarter but said loan demand had "softened somewhat."
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV