Shares of Texas Instruments rose more than 4% ahead of the report closing Monday's regular session at $31.69. The sell side was modestly bullish on TI with 24 of the 44 analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (9) or buy (15).
Other stocks moving in late trades included Fortinet (FTNT), which was up more than 11% to $21.37 on volume of nearly 600,000 after the network security company blew past Wall Street expectations with its third-quarter results as revenue jumped almost 40% year-over-year to $116.4 million; Unisys (UIS), which jumped more than 18% to $23.70 on volume of roughly 90,000 after the Blue Bell, Pa.-based information technology company posted a per-share profit of $1.63 a share for its third quarter, trouncing the consensus view of 70 cents; and Zions Bancorp (ZION), which fell nearly 6% to $16.95 on volume of around 65,000 after the Salt Lake City-based bank edged past the average analysts' view with a profit of $65.2 million, or 35 cents a share, in its latest quarter but said loan demand had "softened somewhat."
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV