NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MGE Energy (Nasdaq:MGEE) hit a new 52-week high Monday as it is currently trading at $43.65, above its previous 52-week high of $43.62 with 19,829 shares traded as of 1:25 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 77,300 shares over the past 30 days. MGE Energy has a market cap of $983.5 million and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are down 0.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. MGE Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a public utility holding company. It engages in generating, purchasing, transmitting, and distributing electricity. The company generates electricity from coal, natural gas, fuel oil, and renewable sources, as well as purchased power. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your MGEE trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about MGEE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV