MADRID and NEW YORK, October 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Prisa Has Achieved In The First 3 Quarters Of 2011 Revenues Of 2,038.52 Million Euros And An Ebitda Of 379.69 Million
These figures adjusted for nonrecurring items reflect a 1.9% growth in EBITDA
All businesses in Q3 show a strong operating performance
- Pay TV continued to improve all its key performance indicators, and obtained an EBITDA of 148.19 million Euros, reflecting an increase, adjusted for nonrecurring items, of 6.9%.
- Santillana increased its total revenues by 10.3%, reflecting the strong performance of the Education Campaigns in all the countries where it is present.
- Advertising revenues reached 443.69 million Euros, reflecting an improvement in Q3 vs the first half of the year.
- In Latin America , revenues grew by 14.1% and already account for 22% of the Group-wide total.
- The Group´s Digital activity increased operating revenues by 6.8% and the average number of unique users of the Group's sites has increased by 28.6% year on year.
- The efficiency plan announced continues its course in all business lines as planned.
- Prisa's shareholders, TIMON S.A., Nicolas Berggruen and Martin Franklin, have stated their intention to exercise 75 million warrants, for a total amount of 150 million Euros.
- The company is presenting a refinancing proposal to the banks which includes, as key element, the partial exercise of warrants.
- Market conditions remain stable in all business areas except advertising and general publishing (Ediciones Generales), which are still being affected by negative macroeconomic conditions, especially in Spain and Portugal.
- In the Audiovisual division, revenue totaled 930.39 million Euros, and adjusted EBITDA totaled 189.34 million euros. Adjusted EBITDA margins increased by almost 3 percentage points to 20.6%. At the end of Q3, pay TV had 1.83 million subscribers, of which 57,486 correspond to wholesale distribution and DTT. Net adds of DTH subscribers performed well reaching 7,040 in Q3, compared with -20.788 in Q3 2010. Churn rate continued to decrease to 13.5%. Subscribers to iPlus and Multi+ services rose almost by 50% YTD.
- Revenue in the Education division was 548.84 million Euros, up 15.5% in LatAm thanks to strong campaign performance (particularly in Brazil where revenues grew 21.1%) and the strong Education campaign in Spain, where revenues grew 11.6%. Adjusted EBITDA reached 167.12 million euros, a 4.0% improvement over the first 9 months in 2010, with a slight reduction in margins (from 32.3% to 30.4%).
- Revenue in the Radio division stood at 269.48 million Euros, down 6.3% year on year, with Radio in Spain down 5.9% and International radio up 8.8%. Adjusted EBITDA totaled 60.01 million euros (-11.7%) and the adjusted EBITDA margin was 22.3%.
- Revenue in Press was 293.06 million Euros, down by 4.7% from last year. Adjusted EBITDA totaled 36.80 million Euros, a 17.3% improvement over the same period last year, with an improvement of 2.4 pps in margin to 12.6%.
- The Digital division achieved a monthly average of 63.3 million unique users in the first half, a 28.6% increase compared to the same period last year, thanks to strong growth recorded by As.com, El Pais.com and Cinco Días.com.
- Advertising revenue totaled 443.69 million Euros, down 7.2% from the same period the previous year (-7.8% in H1).
JANUARY - SEPTEMBER PROFORMA EUR Million 2011 2010 Chg.% Operating Revenues 2,038.52 2,088.05 (2.4) EBITDA 379.69 474.2 (19.9) EBIT 210.66 307.49 (31.5) Net financial result (133.65) (112.43) (18.9) Interest on debt (91.43) (90.60) (0.9) Other financial results (42.23) (21.83 (93.5) Result from associates* 4.37 (5.05) 186.5 Profit before tax 81.38 190.01 (57.2) Income tax expense (13.93) (58.27) 76.1 Results from discontinued (1.03) (16.09) 93.6 activities Minority interest (48.49) (24.14) (100.9) Net profit 17.93 91.53 (80.4) EBITDA Margin 18.6% 22.7% EBIT Margin 10.3% 14.7% One-offs in operating revenues** 12.29 41.26 Mediapro sentence - 33.00 Others 12.29 8.26 One-offs in operating expenses*** 55.59 (17.83) Redundancies 55.59 6.00 Renegotiation with suppliers - (23.83) Adjusted Operating Revenues 2,026.23 2,046.80 (1.0) Adjusted EBITDA 423.00 415.17 1.9 Adjusted EBITDA Margin 20.9% 20.3% Adjusted EBIT 253.97 248.40 2.2 Adjusted EBIT Margin 12.5% 12.1% TABLE CONTINUED BELOW JULY- SEPTEMBER PROFORMA EUR Million 2011 2010 Chg.% Operating Revenues 687.75 679.09 1.3 EBITDA 159.49 170.59 (6.5) EBIT 93.43 99.65 (6.2) Net financial result (53.82) (26.42) (103.7) Interest on debt (33.33) (31.20) (6.8) Other financial results (20.49) 4.78 - Result from associates* (0.68) (1.62) 57.8 Profit before tax 38.93 71.61 (45.6) Income tax expense (13.46) (25.56) 47.4 Results from discontinued 1.10 (8.32) 113.2 activities Minority interest (19.74) (7.08) (178.8) Net profit 6.83 30.65 (77.7) EBITDA Margin 23.2% 25.1% EBIT Margin 13.6% 14.7% One-offs in operating revenues** 12.29 - Mediapro sentence - - Others 12.29 - One-offs in operating expenses*** 25.35 2.79 Redundancies 25.35 3.01 Renegotiation with suppliers - (0.22) Adjusted Operating Revenues 675.47 679.09 (0.5) Adjusted EBITDA 172.55 173.38 (0.5) Adjusted EBITDA Margin 25.5% 25.5% Adjusted EBIT 106.49 102.44 4.0 Adjusted EBIT Margin 15.8% 15.1%** Extraordinary items for revenue are recorded in the audiovisual area and correspond in 2011 to the sale of Canal Viajar
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV