- Northgate shareholders will be entitled to receive 0.365 of an AuRico common share for each Northgate common share.
- Emergence of a new leading intermediate gold company with expected 2011 production of 475,000 Aue ounces [ 1,2 ] and peer leading growth of approximately 54% to 730,000+ [ 3 ] Aue ounces by 2013
- Large resource base of approximately 19 million gold equivalent ounces (excluding copper)
- Five operating mines, a sixth targeting production at the end of Q1 2012, with 2 cornerstone assets in Ocampo and Young- Davidson that alone have the potential to produce over 500,000 gold equivalent ounces at lowest quartile cash costs
- Fully un-hedged exposure to record gold and silver prices generating significant free cash flows
- Strong balance sheet
- Experienced management team with a proven track record of building and operating
- Geopolitically diversified asset portfolio across three of the most attractive mining jurisdictions ( Mexico, Canada, and Australia)
- Adding together the midpoints of AuRico's production guidance (265,000 - 295,000 gold equivalent ounces) and Northgate's production guidance (190,000 - 200,000 gold ounces)
- Gold equivalent ounces include silver ounces produced and sold converted to gold equivalent based on AuRico's long-term gold equivalency ratio of 55:1
- As per street consensus
AuRico Gold's Acquisition Of Northgate Minerals Receives Overwhelming Support Of Shareholders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.