Another stock that looks ready flash a big breakout is CNinsure (CISG), an independent insurance intermediary company operating in China. The bears have destroyed this stock in 2011, with shares off by over 55%.
If you look at the chart for CNinsure, you'll notice this stock has been crushed lower by the bears from its July high of $15.92 a share to its current price of around $7.20 a share. The stock hit a low of around $5.80 to $5.90 a share in early October and has since then rebounded to its current levels. This stock is now triggering a breakout trade since shares have started to move above some big overhead resistance at $7 a share.
Traders should watch to see how the stock closes today and if large volume flows in that's well above its three-month average action of 524,700 shares. A sustained move above $7 a share should set this stock up to make a run at its 50-day moving average of $8.80 a share or possibly much higher.One could simply be a buyer of this stock off any slight weakness now that it's started to take out $7 a share. I would simply use a mental stop just below $7 a share in case this breakout isn't the real deal. It's worth mention that the current short interest as a percentage of the float for CISG is very large at just over 21%. This is a very large short interest on a stock with a tradable float of only 28.25 million shares. Now that this stock has started to move above that big overhead resistance at $7, look for a big short squeeze if the stock continues to push higher. >>5 Hated Stocks That Could Blast Off
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV