Another stock that is worth watching for a breakout is AuthenTec (AUTH), a provider of security, identity management and touch control technologies for personal computer, wireless device and information technology markets. This stock is trending hot in 2011, with shares up over 60%.
If you take a look at the chart for AuthenTec, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the past couple of months after buyers stepped in big to support it near $2.15 to $2.33 a share. This stock has been making higher highs and higher lows as it has trended from $2.15 to its current price of around $4 a share, which is bullish. This bullish action now sets up AUTH for a big breakout and volume is tracking in very strong. Four recent upside volume days have registered north of 700,000 shares, which is well above its three-month average volume of 257,000 shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV