WINDERMERE, Fla. ( Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks are soaring today and following through from Friday's strength after reports surfaced from The Wall Street Journal that the Federal Reserve is considering a scheme to buy more mortgage bonds, with the aim of lowering rates to get the housing market going again.
At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up over 80 points while the S&P 500 has jumped over 10 points. The tech-heavy Nasdaq has also adding over 50 points as Wall Street continues to move through the thick of earning season.
If the Fed does indeed embark on more quantitative easing, then we could easily see much higher stock prices from current levels for the U.S. equity markets. In fact, all of the U.S. indices are now trading in breakout territory, since the Dow has traded over past resistance at 11,716.94, the S&P has crossed over resistance at 1233.10, and the Nasdaq has taken out resistance at 2667.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV