NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- AK Steel Holding (AKS), Cloud Peak Energy (CLD) and Steel Dynamics (STLD) gained last week, while Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM) and Silver Standard Resources (SSRI) were among the losers.
AK Steel Holding emerged the top gainer last week, jumping 7.0% after it was upgraded to neutral from sell at Goldman Sachs. Cloud Peak Energy rose 6.3%. During the week, the company announced production data for its Cordero Rojo mine for the third quarter of 2011 of approximately 9.9 million short tons.
Steel Dynamics grew 5.2% after it recorded an increase of 25% in its third-quarter net sales to $2 billion from $1.6 billion in the year-ago quarter. Meanwhile, net income increased to $43 million, or 19 cents per diluted share, from $19 million, or 9 cents per diluted share, in the same quarter a year before. Steel shipments were up 12% for the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV