Zhone Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZHNE), a global leader in FTTx network access solutions, today announced that it has expanded its next-generation broadband access solutions portfolio, the Zhone FiberHome™, with the immediate availability of the MXP-160/260 and MXP-180/280 1U SLMS platforms. The new offerings provide advanced multi-play connectivity to global voice, data, and video service providers. Zhone will showcase the new MXP-160/260 and MXP-180/280 1U SLMS platforms in its booth (#109) at TelcoTV 2011 in New Orleans, Oct. 25-27.
The demand for video and bandwidth-intensive applications require advanced network connectivity, especially for services that assist consumer communication and entertainment needs and enhance business productivity. The addition of the MXP-160/260 and MXP-180/280 to the Zhone FiberHome portfolio provides operators with new solutions to help mitigate the challenges they currently face with last mile broadband access, connectivity and integrated multi-service capabilities.
"Upgrading of last mile networks with end-to-end fiber continues at a robust pace,” said Brian Caskey, Zhone chief marketing officer. “In many cases, new fiber or last mile fiber can become costly and the ability to use deployed copper to provide advanced multi-play services becomes essential. With advancements in copper, VDSL2 has become an optimum alternative for high-bandwidth connectivity. Through the newest additions to the Zhone FiberHome portfolio, Zhone remains focused on delivering cost-effective solutions to enablement of advanced broadband connectivity and delivery of cost-effective multi-service offerings.”
The Zhone FiberHome portfolio provides compact, fully programmable, high performance solutions that enable service providers to cost-effectively generate additional revenue through multi-play offerings, including the different iterations of video services emerging in the marketplace. Zhone's high-speed CTTP solution is based on VDSL2 and enables up to 100Mbps symmetrical connectivity in areas where fiber is cost prohibitive. In these cases, as an end-to-end solution, Zhone offers VDSL2 CPE and Central Office (CO) products to provide high-speed, long reach and low cost solutions for multi-tenant and multi-dwelling units (MxUs), remote terminals and CO deployments. In the cases where fiber can be extended cost-effectively, Zhone FiberHome will provide Active Ethernet connectivity to enable wire-speed ETTP connectivity. Specific features on the newest products in the portfolio are detailed below.
- The MXP-160/260 offers 24 VDSL2 and 24 POTS (VoIP) ports, which ensure reliable data/video and voice quality with broad spectrum of QoS functionality; and up to four Fast/Gigabit Ethernet (MXP-160) or up to three Fast/Gigabit Ethernet and one GPON (MXP-260) uplink interfaces.
- The MXP-180/280 offers 24 FE (SFP-based) Active Ethernet and 24 POTS (VoIP) ports, which ensure reliable data/video and voice quality with broad spectrum of QoS functionality; and up to four Fast/Gigabit Ethernet (MXP-180) or up to three Fast/Gigabit Ethernet and one GPON (MXP-280) uplink interfaces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV