MELVILLE, N.Y., Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO., INC. (NYSE: MSM), "MSC", one of the premier distributors of Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations ("MRO") supplies to industrial customers throughout the United States, announced today that Erik Gershwind has been promoted to President from Executive Vice President. He retains his role as Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Gershwind's promotion is in keeping with the Company's previously announced management succession plan.
In his new role, Mr. Gershwind, age 40, will continue to lead the Company's Sales and Operations functions. In addition, he will now have responsibility for the Company's Human Resources Team, Associate Training and Development Program, as well as operational efficiency and cost improvement initiatives. Eileen McGuire, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, will now report to Mr. Gershwind. Mr. Gershwind will continue to report to David Sandler, MSC's Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Sandler commented, "The Company and our Board of Directors could not be more pleased with Erik's dedication, accomplishments and track record of effective leadership throughout his career at MSC. In his 15 years with the Company, he has made strong contributions to nearly all aspects of the organization. He has demonstrated himself to be a cultural leader with a passion for winning, for working cross functionally, and for driving us to always do better. Erik is deeply committed to our culture and to ensuring that our customer focus remains imbedded into everything that we do. His experience has prepared him well for the increasing responsibilities of his new position. He continues as a critical driver of the Company's strategy and success, and we have complete confidence that Erik will continue to be instrumental in driving our shared vision to execute our growth strategy and create long-term value for all stakeholders."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV