1. Results from a study at the Lions' Eye Institute in Western Australia in 30 rodents with laser-induced excessive blood vessel formation showed that a single intra-ocular injection of human MPC prevented development of leaky blood vessels beyond day 7 after laser-induced damage (eyes treated with MPC had 39% and 32% non-leaky vessels at days 14 and 28, compared with only 7% and 2% non-leaky vessels in the controls at the same time-points, p<0.05). Moreover, at day 28 only 9% of vessels in eyes treated with a single MPC injection were severely leaking compared with 28% of vessels in control eyes (p<0.05).2. Results from a trial at Charles River in Canada in 42 non-human primates with laser-induced excessive blood vessel formation showed that combining a single injection of Mesoblast's allogeneic cells with an injection of the anti-VEGF agent Lucentis resulted in a synergistic, and superior, outcome compared with Lucentis alone in reducing severity of blood vessel leakage within 2 weeks (p<0.05), preventing relapse of severe vessel leakage by days 28-42 (p<0.05), reducing total formation of new blood vessels (p<0.01), and preventing retinal detachment by day 42 (p<0.01).
Mesoblast Cleared To Begin First Phase 2 Clinical Trial For Eye Diseases
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.