Volcano Corporation (VOLC): Today's Featured Health Services Loser
The health services industry closed the day up 2.3%. Uroplasty Inc (UPI), IVAX Diagnostics Inc (IVD), Strategic Diagnostics Inc (SDIX), and TranS1 Inc (TSON) were all decliners today within the health services industry with Volcano Corporation (VOLC) being today's featured health services loser. Volcano Corporation fell 12 cents (-0.5%) to $24.85 on light volume. Throughout the day, 101,356 shares of Volcano Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 675,300 shares. Volcano Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and commercializes a suite of intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and functional measurement (FM) products used in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular and structural heart disease. Volcano Corporation has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 132.3, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 139.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Volcano as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and premium valuation.
- You can view the full Volcano Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV