The consumer goods sector closed the day up 2%. Champion Industries (CHMP), Shiner International Inc (BEST), Cybex International Inc (CYBI), and Industrie Natuzzi (NTZ) were all decliners today within the consumer goods sector with Universal Electronics Inc (UEIC) being today's featured consumer goods loser. Universal Electronics Inc fell 43 cents (-2.3%) to $18.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 91,420 shares of Universal Electronics Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 84,100 shares. Universal Electronics Inc. and its subsidiaries develop pre-programmed wireless control products and audio-video accessories that enhance home entertainment systems. Universal Electronics Inc has a market cap of $278.5 million and is part of the consumer durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.6, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 34.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Universal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Universal Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UEIC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV