Orion Marine Group Inc. (ORN): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Loser
The materials & construction industry closed the day up 2.6%. India Globalization Capital Inc (IGC), Real Goods Solar Inc (RSOL), KSW Inc (KSW), and Continental Materials Corporation (CUO) were all decliners today within the materials & construction industry with Orion Marine Group Inc (ORN) being today's featured materials & construction loser. Orion Marine Group Inc fell 7 cents (-1.1%) to $6.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 45,533 shares of Orion Marine Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 340,500 shares. Orion Marine Group, Inc. operates as a marine specialty contractor serving the heavy civil marine infrastructure market. Orion Marine Group Inc has a market cap of $173.4 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.3, below the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 20.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 45% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Orion Marine Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Orion Marine Group Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV