A year ago, McDonald's earned $1.29 a share.
Net income was $1.51 billion vs. $1.39 billion last year.
Revenue in the quarter was $7.17 billion, up from $6.3 billion a year earlier.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected profit of $1.43 a share on revenue of $7.03 billion. Global comparable sales increased 5%, with the U.S. up 4.4%, Europe up 4.9% and Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa up 3.4%, McDonald's said in a statement Friday. "As we enter the final quarter of 2011, our global comparable sales remain strong with October comparable sales expected to be up 4% to 5%," the company said. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV