The financial services industry closed the day up 0.4%. Cohen & Steers Inc (CNS), Newtek Business Services Inc (NEWT), Penson Worldwide Inc (PNSN), and Gabelli Global Utility & Income (GLU) were all decliners today within the financial services industry with Orix Corporation (IX) being today's featured financial services loser. Orix Corporation fell 47 cents (-1.1%) to $42.31 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,035 shares of Orix Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 42,600 shares. Orix Corporation, an integrated financial services company, provides various products and services to corporate and retail customers in Japan and internationally. Orix Corporation has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.5, above the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 12.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Orix as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Orix Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV