Hitachi Ltd. (HIT): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
The consumer durables industry closed the day up 0.4%. Elecsys Corporation (ESYS), Hooker Furniture Corporation (HOFT), Lennox International Inc (LII), and Deer Consumer Products Inc (DEER) were all decliners today within the consumer durables industry with Hitachi (HIT) being today's featured consumer durables loser. Hitachi fell 38 cents (-0.7%) to $52.08 on light volume. Throughout the day, 59,534 shares of Hitachi exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 121,000 shares. Hitachi, Ltd. manufactures and sells electronic and electrical products primarily in Asia, North America, and Europe. Hitachi has a market cap of $24 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 0.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hitachi as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Hitachi Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV