Flowserve Corporation (FLS): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Loser
The industrial goods sector closed the day up 0.2%. Baldwin Technology Company Inc (BLD), Clean Diesel Technologies Inc (CDTI), Nobility Homes Inc (NOBH), and UQM Technologies Inc (UQM) were all decliners today within the industrial goods sector with Flowserve Corporation (FLS) being today's featured industrial goods loser. Flowserve Corporation fell $1.52 (-1.8%) to $81.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 855,709 shares of Flowserve Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 812,500 shares. Flowserve Corporation develops, manufactures, and sells precision engineered flow control equipment. The company operates in three segments: FSG Engineered Product Division, FSG Industrial Product Division, and Flow Control Division segments. Flowserve Corporation has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.5, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 30.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Flowserve as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Flowserve Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV