Turning to the programmatic mix, there were a few notable shifts in new student enrollment in the third quarter of 2011 compared to the same period in the prior year. We experienced a more substantial year-over-year decline in new student enrollment in the criminal justice program compared to the year-over-year declines in new student enrollment in other curriculum areas. Additionally, new student enrollment in our drafting and design programs declined more year-over-year in the third quarter than the year-over-year decline in total new student enrollment in the third quarter.
On a positive side, new student enrollment in our registered nursing program increased substantially compared to the same period in the prior year as we now have 38 campuses approved to offer this resident based associate degree program. Further, we are pleased to note the new student enrollment in our core information technology and electronics technology programs declined at lower rates than the total new student enrollment in the three months ended September 30, 2011 compared to the same period in the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV