Occupy Wall Street Poll: Jealousy, Greed Lead
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It probably shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the results of our Occupy Wall Street poll are divided.
In the first week since the poll was published, the leading reason given so far for the protests is jealousy, capturing 26.2%, or 1,094 of the 4,173 votes cast. (We will run the poll indefinitely. It appears below this story.)
Second, with 1,021 or 24% of the total was "all of the above, which included jealousy, greed, inequality, the economy, politics and the educational system.
Greed was the third most prominent reason, with 934 votes, or 22% of the total.Rounding out the list was:
- Inequality. The rich add zeroes to their bank accounts while others cope with debit card fees. (16.03% / 669 votes)
- Economy. It's tough to find a job out there, especially if you don't have one. (5.12% / 214 votes)
- Politics. The right has its Tea Party and now the left has Occupy Wall Street. (3.57% / 149 votes)
- Educational system. Many have massive student loan debt but no jobs to help pay that off. (2.2% / 92 votes)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV