Let me now turn to each of our markets and our initiatives to grow the business. Let’s start with waste on slide four. We had our third quarter in a row of improved year-over-year tip fee pricing. We’re also leveraging our internal capabilities to manage spot market exposure. We believe that we’ll be able to continue to do so throughout the rest of the year and into next year. We’re forecasting a full year tip fee price improvement of 1% to 2%.
Looking ahead to next year, and assuming the economy doesn’t slip back into recession, we anticipate our waste pricing will grow at inflationary rates supported contact escalators, relatively high diesel fuel cost and our growing special waste business.
We’re excited by the opportunities to add new customers who are committed to implementing a zero landfill solution. We had a small but public wind just the other day. A local hauler that contracts with us want to bid in Washington D.C. to convert Capitol Hill’s non-recycled waste into clean energy. In its press release, the architect of the Capitol stated, quote, “Under this new contract, instead of being placed in landfills, the waste will be burned, generating enough electricity to power an office building the size of the Dirksen or Longworth Building for several months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV