OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Oct. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. (NYSE: FGP) today announced the acquisition of Federal Petroleum Company, an independent propane retailer with locations in Weslasco and Brownsville, Texas. The acquisition opens new market areas for Ferrellgas and marks the partnership's second acquisition of its young fiscal year, which began August 1, 2011. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"The addition of Federal Petroleum provides us with a strategic entry into the Brownsville market, a vital hub for the transport of goods heading to and from Mexico," President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Wambold says. "In addition to a strong residential base, this acquisition also gives us the opportunity to service an attractive commercial market, which is a particular strength for Ferrellgas. We look forward to continuing Federal's long tradition of excellent service to the residents and businesses throughout the area."
This most recent purchase adds to the approximately 230 acquisitions the company has completed in its more than 70-year history. During that time, Ferrellgas has grown from a single-location, independently owned propane retailer to a publicly traded company that is one of the largest propane retailers in the United States.
Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. is a Fortune 1000 company and, through its operating partnership, Ferrellgas, L.P., serves approximately one million customers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Ferrellgas employees indirectly own more than 20 million common units of the partnership through an employee stock ownership plan. More information about the company can be found at http://www.ferrellgas.com.Contact: Jim Saladin at 913-661-1833 or firstname.lastname@example.org Tom Colvin at 913-661-1530 or email@example.com SOURCE Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV