NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Inventure Foods (SNAK), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC), Tyson Foods (TSN), General Mills (GIS) and Kraft Foods (KFT) are food stocks with up to 66% upside, based on analysts' estimates.
These stocks have mean upside value of 29% over the next 12 months, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
5. General Mills (GIS) is a global manufacturer and marketer of consumer foods sold through retail stores. The company has manufacturing facilities in 15 countries and a marketing network in more than 100 countries.
Net sales grew 9% to $3.85 billion during the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Bakeries and international operations, accounting for two-fifths of the revenue pie, grew 13% and 30%, respectively, higher than the 3% U.S. retail segment growth with sales of $2.5 billion.Cash from operating activities increased to $441 million in the quarter, up from $178 million from the same quarter last year due to a reduction in working capital during the period. During the first quarter, General Mills repurchased three million shares of stock for a consideration of $110 million. Management has reaffirmed fiscal 2012 earnings per share guidance of $2.59 to $2.61. The stock is trading at 15.1 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV