NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As consumers and business pump more and more traffic through mobile devices, Verizon (VZ), Qualcomm (QCOM) and Ceva (CEVA) are perfectly positioned to tap the growth of high-speed 4G networks.
Verizon, which reports its third-quarter results Friday, is ahead of the carrier pack when it comes to its 4G network, analysts said, while component specialists Qualcomm and Ceva are making waves in 4G-enabled mobile devices.
"4G is a big growth area," Ken Hyers, senior analyst at Technology Business Research told TheStreet. "Moving forward, it's the only way that the telecom operators are going to be able to manage the ever-increasing flow of data."
It's not just ever-growing numbers of smartphones and tablets, however, that are fueling demand for 4G. Growing use of machine-to-machine technology such as smart electricity meters, also will help drive the push towards 4G.No surprise, then, that the GSM Association, which represents mobile operators, estimates that the number of Web-connected devices in the world will leap from 9 billion today to 24 billion in 2020. Telecom equipment specialist Ericsson (ERIC) is even more bullish, forecasting upwards of 50 billion connected devices by 2020. Read on for more details on the top 4G telecom and technology stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV