VANCOUVER, Oct. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Rubicon Minerals Corporation (TSX: RMX) (NYSE-AMEX: RBY) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has turned on its first grid power allocation (up to 5.3MW) from Hydro One today at the Phoenix Gold Project. The Company has completed its power line connection and infrastructure, and has obtained the requisite approvals and agreements from adjacent surface rights holders.
"Accessing grid power represents a major milestone in the further development of the Phoenix Gold Project. Hydro-electric grid power will now replace and increase our power capabilities compared to existing diesel power, giving us significant cost savings and enabling us to use environmentally friendly, cleaner power. The ability to readily access grid power underscores the advantage of the project being situated in the heart of the established Red Lake gold district" said Claude Bouchard, VP Operations.
Rubicon Minerals Corporation is an exploration and development company focused on developing its high-grade gold discovery at its Phoenix Gold Project in Red Lake, Ontario. Rubicon controls over 100 square miles of prime exploration ground in the prolific Red Lake gold district of Ontario which hosts Goldcorp's high-grade, world class Red Lake Mine.
RUBICON MINERALS CORPORATION "David W. Adamson" President & CEO
The Toronto Stock Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. SOURCE Rubicon Minerals Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV