BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The reported death of deposed Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Thursday, Oct. 20.
Thursday's Biggest Stories
The guy responsible for chiseling the tombstone needs some help:
Gaddafi? Gadhafi? Qaddafi?
How do you say
"recession" in German? The country is now predicting economic growth of only 1% next year, down from the previous estimate of 1.8%.
Quote of the Day"You cannot sustain these deficits. You cannot undercut the people that create the jobs ... the Democratic agenda of spend-and-bribe-the public is bankrupting this country, and until it stops, the citizens of this country are in for more hard times," Wynn Resorts (WYNN) Chairman and CEO Steve Wynn said during the company's quarterly conference call, in another shot at President Obama's administration.
Other Company NewsJerry Yang says Yahoo! (YHOO) may not necessarily be for sale, even as the company bans bidders from cross-talk.
MarketsGerman Chancellor Angela Merkel is risking her political livelihood on fixing the European debt crisis.
Investment StrategyThree Dow stocks coming to life after doing nothing for a decade.
Odds and EndsA useful Venn diagram of where the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street differ and agree.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV