The materials & construction industry closed the day up 3.7%. American Mold Guard Incorporated (AMGI), Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc (PESI), M/I Homes Inc (MHO), and Avalon Holdings (AWX) were all winners today within the materials & construction industry with Owens Corning Incorporated (OC) being today's featured materials & construction winner. Owens Corning Incorporated rose 39 cents (1.6%) to $25.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Owens Corning Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. Owens Corning, through its subsidiaries, provides composite and building materials systems worldwide. It operates in two segments, Composites and Building Materials. Owens Corning Incorporated has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 53, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 52 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Owens Corning as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Owens Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about OC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV