The industrial goods sector closed the day down 0.2%. American Mold Guard Incorporated (AMGI), H&E Equipment Services Inc (HEES), American Defense Systems Inc (EAG), and Arotech Corporation (ARTX) were all winners today within the industrial goods sector with Gafisa (GFA) being today's featured industrial goods winner. Gafisa rose 10 cents (1.5%) to $6.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Gafisa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. Gafisa S.A. operates as a homebuilder in Brazil. Gafisa has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 153.2, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 7.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 55.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gafisa as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Gafisa Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GFA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV