FLIR Systems Inc. (FLIR): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Loser
The aerospace/defense industry closed the day down 1%. Astrotech (ASTC), Astronics Corporation (ATRO), LMI Aerospace Inc (LMIA), and Moog Inc (MOG.A) were all decliners today within the aerospace/defense industry with FLIR Systems Inc (FLIR) being today's featured aerospace/defense loser. FLIR Systems Inc fell 64 cents (-2.3%) to $26.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of FLIR Systems Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets thermal imaging systems worldwide. The company operates through two divisions, Commercial Systems and Government Systems. FLIR Systems Inc has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.7, above the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 20.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates FLIR Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full FLIR Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV