Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras (EBR): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
The utilities sector closed the day down 0.1%. Dynegy Inc (DYN), GreenHunter Energy Inc (GRH), U.S. Geothermal Inc (HTM), and UGI Corporation (UGI) were all decliners today within the utilities sector with Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras (EBR) being today's featured utilities loser. Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras fell 19 cents (-2%) to $9.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 713,530 shares of Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. Eletrobras, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and commercialization of electric power in Brazil. Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras has a market cap of $12.7 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 31.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV