Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner
The financial services industry closed the day down 2%. China Ceramics (CCCL), Mesabi (MSB), PowerShares DB Agriculture Double Short ETN (AGA), and MicroFinancial Inc (MFI) were all winners today within the financial services industry with Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM) being today's featured financial services winner. Brookfield Asset Management Inc rose 27 cents (1%) to $27.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Brookfield Asset Management Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets under management. Through its subsidiaries the firm invests in the property, power, and infrastructure sectors. Brookfield Asset Management Inc has a market cap of $16.5 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, above the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 7.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Brookfield Asset Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Brookfield Asset Management Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV