- Total revenue increased 30.7% to $197.8 million
- Company-owned restaurant sales grew 32.2% to $181.0 million
- Same-store sales increased 5.7% at company-owned restaurants and 4.2% at franchised restaurants
- Net earnings increased 32.5% to $11.3 million from $8.5 million, and earnings per diluted share increased 29.8% to $0.61 from $0.47
Sally Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Demand for the Buffalo Wild Wings brand is apparent in our strong same-store sales for the third quarter, with an increase of 5.7% at company-owned restaurants and 4.2% at franchised locations. Unit growth and strong sales in our new and existing restaurants combined to achieve a substantial increase in revenue of 30.7%. We leveraged this revenue growth to accomplish net earnings growth of over 32%, providing our shareholders with earnings per diluted share of $0.61.”
Total revenue increased 30.7% to $197.8 million in the third quarter compared to $151.3 million in the third quarter of 2010. Company-owned restaurant sales for the quarter increased 32.2% over the same period in 2010, to $181.0 million, driven by a company-owned same-store sales increase of 5.7% and 44 additional company-owned restaurants at the end of third quarter 2011 relative to the same period in 2010. Franchise royalties and fees increased 16.2% to $16.7 million for the quarter versus $14.4 million in the third quarter of 2010. This increase is attributed to a franchise same-store sales increase of 4.2% and 41 additional franchised restaurants at the end of the period versus a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV