DETROIT. TheStreet) -- As it turns 100, Chevrolet is looking to the future.
That means Chevrolet is focusing on being global, green and innovative; even as it looks to maintain the long tradition that has made it one of the best known brand names in the world.
In 1911, the first Chevrolet was built in a garage near downtown Detroit. Louis Chevrolet, who lent his name to the enterprise, resembles an early version of Steve Jobs in this sense, getting ahead in an emerging industry by developing technology in a garage.
A hundred years later, it is safe to say that Chevrolet and parent General Motors (GM) have had more ups and downs than Mr. Chevrolet ever dreamed possible.Among the ups, it has sold more than 209 million cars and trucks. As for downs, look no farther than the 2009 bankruptcy filing. Perhaps the most amazing thing about Chevrolet is this: The original concept, that people wanted cars to drive, was so compelling the company has managed to survive 100 years of challenges. As Chevrolet sets its sights on the next 100 years, here are five concepts to build on.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV