The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By David Sterman
NEW YORK ( StreetAuthority) -- Every year, the research team here at StreetAuthority looks over thousands of potential stock picks. We spend countless hours analyzing companies, looking for any signs that a stock is either a good or bad investment.
Most of the companies we research have both bullish and bearish factors to consider. But in a few rare instances -- literally less than 1% of the time -- we find a handful of stocks that boast some of the best business models on earth. These rare companies enjoy huge sustainable competitive advantages, pristine balance sheets, ample cash flow, and more often than not, they pay healthy dividends. When we find rare gems like these, we like to buy these stocks and hold them forever. In fact, we recently published an entire presentation on our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV