NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- In a volatile market, some investors may want to consider buying dividend stocks, because they offer a regular income stream amid the market's gyrations.
We have identified seven dividend stocks and listed them on the following pages in order of their ex-dividend dates.
7. Royal Bank of Canada (RY), a diversified financial services company, provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, corporate and investment banking and transaction processing services.
In the last week of August, the bank declared a quarterly common-share dividend of 54 cents per share, payable on or after Nov. 24, 2011 to common shareholders as of record at close of business on Oct. 26, 2011.The bank's ex-dividend date is Oct. 24, 2011. The current dividend yield is 4.3%. The bank recorded net income of $1.6 billion for the third quarter of 2011, an increase of 13% from the year-ago quarter. Also, earnings per share for the same period were up 12 cents to $1.04. On average, analysts surveyed by Bloomberg have a $55.68 12-month price target on the stock. That's 18.4% greater than the stock's recent price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV