Check out the video for a deeper look into the chart:
AAPL: Next Trade
Despite the lackluster numbers the company did, however, deliver better-than-expected outlook for the fiscal first quarter 2012, which starts in October. The company said it expects earnings of $9.30 a share, while analysts expected $9.01 a share. The company has a reputation of sandbagging guidance figures, so the greater than expected guidance is even more significant. AAPL has its share of critics who say it is an over-crowded trade, but shorts beware that next quarter's earnings could be blockbuster after the launch of the iPhone 4S and continued growth of iPad.
From a trader's perspective, there will almost certainly be a lot of volatility in AAPL shares today. If buyers can fill much of this overnight gap, it would demonstrate that investors are giving the company a pass for this report.
On Wednesday, October 19 at 6:00 p.m. EDT, TheStreet's Options Profits is hosting a webinar featuring Fred Ruffy of WhatsTrading.com. Join Fred as he outlines how to look at the "big picture", drill down into the sectors and ultimately find the individual options trade. Utilizing specific trade examples and case studies, Fred will show you how to select simple and advanced options plays. The back half of the webinar will include an interactive, exciting Q&A session.
Please email: email@example.com to secure a slot for the webinar as space is limited and for the link to the presentation. IF you have already RSVPd, there is NO NEED to send another response. A spot has been reserved.
Click here for a 14-day free trial to Options Profits
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV