While the development and drill programs outlined above are designed to keep the Company on its critical path to allow it to maintain the target of potential production in Q4 2013, additional and ongoing studies, along with the drill program outlined above will allow the Company to evaluate optimization of its current economically positive PEA. These studies will include:
- evaluation of possible ramp access to examine the cost benefit of more mechanized mining techniques;
- structural studies to aid in understanding mineralization controls and aid in future drill targeting;
- a review of the ability to employ alternative, lower cost, mining methods (currently captive cut and fill) in parts of the deposit; and
- continued metallurgical studies designed to evaluate potential to increase current estimated gold recoveries of 92.5%.
The programs and budget laid out in this news release are largely consistent with the recommendations laid out in the August, 2011 PEA.
Rubicon Minerals Corporation is an exploration and development company focused on developing its high-grade gold discovery at its Phoenix Project in Red Lake, Ontario. Rubicon controls over 100 square miles of prime exploration ground in the prolific Red Lake gold district of Ontario which hosts Goldcorp's high-grade, world class Red Lake Mine.RUBICON MINERALS CORPORATION "David W. Adamson" President & CEO Forward Looking Statements This news release contains statements that constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and "forward looking information" within the meaning of applicable Canadian provincial securities legislation (collectively, "forward-looking statements") . Forward-looking statements included or incorporated by reference in this document include statements with respect to the Company's development and exploration plans, including:
- operational activities in extending the current excavation for providing access to the deposit;
- planned drilling activities in the next twelve (12) month period, which are dependent on projections which may change as drilling continues, or if unexpected ground conditions are encountered. In addition, areas of exploration potential are identified which will require substantial drilling to determine whether or not they contain similar mineralization to areas which have been explored in more detail by the Company; and
- the undertaking of additional studies with respect to:
- the access to the deposit and the feasibility of more mechanization in the mining techniques and processes used by the Company;
- additional structural assessments:
- reviewing controls of mineralization ; and
- considering improvements and refinements to drill targeting techniques, including a review of potential methodologies for employing alternative, lower cost, mining methods in certain parts of the deposit .
- the Company's procedures and processes for extracting metals from the deposit.
- the general condition of the financial markets;
- the general condition of the markets for gold and other precious metals;
- the ability of the Company, and other relevant parties, to satisfy applicable regulatory requirements;
- all government policies impacting land and construction costs and the cost and availability of funds;
- the availability of financing for proposed transactions, programs and operational activities upon reasonable terms;
- the ability of third-party service providers to deliver services in a timely manner; and
- general business, economic, competitive, political and social conditions.