Access National Corporation (NASDAQ: ANCX), parent company for Access National Bank, reported third quarter net income of $3.1 million, a record level of quarterly earnings and a 27.8% increase over the $2.4 million recorded in the third quarter of 2010. This represents the company’s 45 th consecutive quarterly profit over its 12 year history. Net income per diluted common share was $0.30, an increase of 30.4% over the $0.23 reported in the third quarter of 2010. The increase in net income is primarily due to a combination of a decrease in interest expense and an increase in non-interest income.
Based upon record earnings, strong capital and a favorable outlook, the Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.04 per share for holders of record as of November 3, 2011 and payable November 25, 2011.
Net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 totaled approximately $8.1 million compared to $5.3 million for the same period in 2010. While mortgage banking earnings rose in the year over year period, the core commercial banking segment contributed 83.5% of the year to date earnings in 2011 compared to 76% in 2010.
YTD diluted earnings per share were $0.78 compared to $0.50 in 2010. Book Value per common share at September 30, 2011 was $7.84, 12.6% higher than the $6.96 value at December 31, 2010. The company remains “Well Capitalized” under banking regulations as the total equity to assets ratio was 10.91% at September 30, 2011.Return on average assets annualized was 1.69% for the third quarter of 2011 compared to 1.22% for the third quarter of 2010. Return on average equity annualized was 15.9% for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 compared to 13.9% for the same period last year. The net interest margin expanded to 4.02% compared to 4.00% in the linked quarter and 3.36% for the quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV