Pearson, the world’s largest learning company, announced today the first Voices That Matter: Android Developers Conference, to be held February 9-10, 2012 in the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco. Google insiders and outside experts will converge at this two-day event to discuss updates in application development for the Android platform, including the new Ice Cream Sandwich Software Development Kit (SDK). Activities will include how-to sessions, application case studies, and interactive panels.
- Attendees can register now by visiting www.android2012.voicesthatmatter.com/. For a Press Badge, please email: Andrea Bledsoe: email@example.com
- The two-day conference is targeted towards Android developers, long-time mobile developers wanting to leverage their existing skills, cross-platform mobile designers, and game designers and developers.
- Many of the speakers’ presentations will be video/audio recorded. All attendees will receive download access to the presentations after the conference.
- In the past three years,Android has grown from a fledgling mobile SDK to a powerhouse platform. In August 2011, Gartner reported that, worldwide, Android-based phones outsold all of their competitors during the second quarter of 2011, including Apple iOS, Symbian, and RIM Blackberry devices.
Speakers and Conference Co-Chairs include the following Pearson authors:
- Dan Galpin, creator of Intro to Android Application Development LiveLessons
- Brian Hardy and Bill Phillips, authors of the upcoming Android Programming: Big Nerd Ranch Guide
- Chris Haseman, author of upcoming eBook, Creating Android Applications: Develop and Design
- Conference Co-Chairs: Shane Conder and Lauren Darcey, authors of the best-selling books, Android Wireless Application Development and Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development
Quotes“We're very excited to be participating in VTM's first Android conference in February,” Lauren Darcey, Conference Co-Chair said. “The event is ideally timed to give everyone a chance to review all that Android's newest version, the highly anticipated Ice Cream Sandwich release, has to offer and then share our findings with each other in a professional context.” Shane Conder, Conference Co-Chair added, “As a developer-centric conference, Ice Cream Sandwich will likely take center stage, but we have a number of exciting speakers to cover other Android topics as well, many of which we haven't ever seen featured at any other conference. It's shaping up to be a unique learning experience for everyone.” About Pearson Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the education, services, and technology company, is home to such respected brands as Addison-Wesley Professional, Cisco Press, Exam Cram, IBM Press, Prentice Hall Professional, Que, and Sams Publishing, which have as their online publishing arm, InformIT ( www.informit.com) -The Trusted Technology Learning Source. In addition, Berkeley-based Peachpit ( www.peachpit.com), the publishing partner for Adobe Press, Apple Certified, and others, publishes best-selling books for creative design professionals. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50034749&lang=en
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.