Pearson, the world’s largest learning company, announced today the first Voices That Matter: Android Developers Conference, to be held February 9-10, 2012 in the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco. Google insiders and outside experts will converge at this two-day event to discuss updates in application development for the Android platform, including the new Ice Cream Sandwich Software Development Kit (SDK). Activities will include how-to sessions, application case studies, and interactive panels.
- Attendees can register now by visiting www.android2012.voicesthatmatter.com/. For a Press Badge, please email: Andrea Bledsoe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The two-day conference is targeted towards Android developers, long-time mobile developers wanting to leverage their existing skills, cross-platform mobile designers, and game designers and developers.
- Many of the speakers’ presentations will be video/audio recorded. All attendees will receive download access to the presentations after the conference.
- In the past three years,Android has grown from a fledgling mobile SDK to a powerhouse platform. In August 2011, Gartner reported that, worldwide, Android-based phones outsold all of their competitors during the second quarter of 2011, including Apple iOS, Symbian, and RIM Blackberry devices.
Speakers and Conference Co-Chairs include the following Pearson authors:
- Dan Galpin, creator of Intro to Android Application Development LiveLessons
- Brian Hardy and Bill Phillips, authors of the upcoming Android Programming: Big Nerd Ranch Guide
- Chris Haseman, author of upcoming eBook, Creating Android Applications: Develop and Design
- Conference Co-Chairs: Shane Conder and Lauren Darcey, authors of the best-selling books, Android Wireless Application Development and Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development
Quotes“We're very excited to be participating in VTM's first Android conference in February,” Lauren Darcey, Conference Co-Chair said. “The event is ideally timed to give everyone a chance to review all that Android's newest version, the highly anticipated Ice Cream Sandwich release, has to offer and then share our findings with each other in a professional context.” Shane Conder, Conference Co-Chair added, “As a developer-centric conference, Ice Cream Sandwich will likely take center stage, but we have a number of exciting speakers to cover other Android topics as well, many of which we haven't ever seen featured at any other conference. It's shaping up to be a unique learning experience for everyone.” About Pearson Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the education, services, and technology company, is home to such respected brands as Addison-Wesley Professional, Cisco Press, Exam Cram, IBM Press, Prentice Hall Professional, Que, and Sams Publishing, which have as their online publishing arm, InformIT ( www.informit.com) -The Trusted Technology Learning Source. In addition, Berkeley-based Peachpit ( www.peachpit.com), the publishing partner for Adobe Press, Apple Certified, and others, publishes best-selling books for creative design professionals. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50034749&lang=en