ROCHESTER, N.Y., Oct. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- PT (NASDAQ: PTIX), a leading global supplier of advanced network communications, today announced Monterey 8000™ the flagship offering of Monterey MicroTCA Platforms, the company's newest family of products. PT previewed the product in June of this year by announcing the development of its platform designed in accordance with the newly ratified PICMG MicroTCA.4 specification. Monterey 8000 is the first fully integrated MTCA.4, application-ready platform to enter the market and is specifically tuned for high-performance Next-Generation network applications. PT is scheduled to ship the first Monterey 8000 in fourth quarter 2011, and is demonstrating a live platform at the ATCA Summit in San Jose, CA in two weeks.
Today's Next-Generation network architectures demand greater processing capability, more memory, and high-speed IP, yet they are faced with challenges of limited space and competitive price points. In the open-standards ecosystem, ATCA offers extreme computing power to satisfy Network Core demands, however its larger footprint inhibits flexibility. On the other hand, the original MicroTCA base design is the ideal size for Edge-based applications, but does not offer upward scalability. The Aggregation Layer, located in the space between the Core and the Edge, is left wanting for a cost-effective standards-based solution with plenty of compute performance, flexible I/O, and high-speed bandwidth. Monterey 8000, with its mid-sized, modular footprint, fills that critical void with a flexible platform specifically suited for Next Generation applications.
"PT is exploring new horizons with the creation of Monterey, a line that encompasses our wide array of MicroTCA technology;" said John Slusser, President and CEO of PT. "We leverage our thirty year history and strong base of expertise in computing systems design to introduce a platform that fills a gap in the open-standards ecosystem - a platform that sets a higher standard upon which to measure all future performance." Slusser added, "PT was a key supporter and strong advocate for the recently announced MicroTCA.4 specification, originally conceived to address stringent requirements in the physics community. Yet PT's clarity of vision and focus on designing to future needs propelled us to take additional, unprecedented leaps in power and capacity development that led to the innovative Monterey 8000 platform. It is light years ahead of any other MicroTCA platform available today, and is architected to support the demands of a decade from now."
PT designed the Monterey 8000 platform to be fully compatible with MicroTCA.4; it offers carrier-grade five-nines availability, up to twelve AMC slots with rear transition modules (RTMs), plus dual/redundant MicroTCA carrier hubs (MCHs) with RTMs. The PT development team further enhanced the architecture with the addition of two key super-set capabilities vital for a long product life cycle:
- 40GbE - Seamless 40Gb Ethernet extension to each AMC slot supports future data bandwidth demands,
- 160 Watts per slot - Exclusive extended power design doubles the power budget for each AMC slot to 160 watts, anticipating the demands of future high-speed multi-core and special purpose processors
- Telecom equipment manufacturers
- Wireless equipment manufacturers
- Military/aerospace primes
- Commercial systems providers
- Industrial systems providers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV