Fourth, this earnings miss was the first since 2004 and the subsequent stock dip will set up an important entry position. Because Apple fundamentals remain intact, this stock will bounce. We will wait patiently for the full opportunity to present itself at which time we plan on raising our AAPL allocations back up to 70% of the portfolio.
The holiday quarter will exceed expectations in the same way as the July report. How low will the stock fall? Apple has shown strong resistance at the $370 level but has occasionally dropped into the $350's intraday. Both of those price points should be viewed as buying opportunities.
In the grand scheme of things Apple grew iPad sales by 166% year over year and we expect iPhone sales will grow by 100% in the holiday quarter. Even the notoriously conservative Apple guided above street estimates to revenue of $37 billion and EPS of $9.30 in the next quarter. This company is humming and its stock remains the best investment vehicle on Wall Street. We're back in buy mode.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV