HOUSTON, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP is representing Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI) in its agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of El Paso Corporation (NYSE: EP) for approximately $38 billion, including the assumption of debt outstanding at El Paso Corporation and including the debt outstanding at El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE: EPB). The transaction will create the largest midstream and the fourth largest energy company in North America with an enterprise value of approximately $94 billion and 80,000 miles of pipelines.
The combined enterprise, including the associated master limited partnerships, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: KMP) and El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P., will represent the largest natural gas pipeline network in the United States, the largest independent transporter of petroleum products in the United States, the largest transporter of CO2 in the United States and the largest independent terminal owner/operator in the United States. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2012 and is subject to customary regulatory approvals.
Bracewell attorneys involved in the transaction include:Partners: Gregory M. Bopp, Lance W. Behnke, J.J. McAnelly, Gary W. Orloff, Troy L. Harder and Sandra E. Rizzo Associates: Scott B. Grossman, Emily E. Leitch, David H. Sweeney, Keith L. Cooper and Melissa K. Buce About Bracewell & Giuliani LLP Bracewell & Giuliani LLP ( www.bgllp.com) is an international law firm with more than 470 lawyers in Texas, New York, Washington, D.C., Connecticut, Seattle, Dubai and London. We serve Fortune 500 companies, major financial institutions, leading private investment funds, governmental entities and individuals concentrated in the energy, technology and financial services sectors worldwide. SOURCE Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV