Donegal Group Inc (DGICA): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
The insurance industry closed the day up 3.6%. American Independence Corporation (AMIC) and China Life Insurance (LFC) were all decliners today within the insurance industry with Donegal Group Inc (DGICA) being today's featured insurance loser. Donegal Group Inc fell 7 cents (-0.6%) to $12.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19,089 shares of Donegal Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23,600 shares. Donegal Group Inc., through its subsidiaries, offers personal and commercial lines of property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals in the United States. Donegal Group Inc has a market cap of $324.5 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.2, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 32.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Donegal Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Donegal Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV