Deer Consumer Products Inc. (DEER): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
The consumer durables industry closed the day up 2.1%. Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc (EGT), Kid Brands Inc (KID), Nautilus Group Inc (NLS), and Fossil Inc (FOSL) were all decliners today within the consumer durables industry with Deer Consumer Products Inc (DEER) being today's featured consumer durables loser. Deer Consumer Products Inc fell 12 cents (-2.3%) to $5 on light volume. Throughout the day, 26,838 shares of Deer Consumer Products Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 166,500 shares. Deer Consumer Products, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of small home and kitchen electronic appliances. Deer Consumer Products Inc has a market cap of $172 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.2, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 54.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Deer Consumer as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Deer Consumer Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV